What To Do After A Car Accident
In this day and age of iPhones and other portable computer devices, it is not uncommon for car accident victims or witnesses to look for help at the very scene of a crash. Perhaps you are in that situation now — beside the road or in the hospital emergency room, looking for help.
Harris Powers & Cunningham has been providing the help that injured people and their families need in the aftermath of serious accidents since 1981. We welcome the opportunity to evaluate your case and offer recommendations about what steps to take after a traffic accident.
(Your case is unique. These suggestions are generalized. Always talk to a lawyer as soon as you can after a serious accident for personalized advice and help.)
- Get medical attention as soon as possible. In many cases, this means calling an ambulance.
- Tell your insurance company about the accident.
- Talk to an attorney before engaging in lengthy discussions with the at-fault driver’s insurance company or your own insurance company.
- Consult with a lawyer to learn what you need to know about your rights and how to protect those rights.
- Gather insurance information and request a police report after an accident. If it is difficult for you to get these documents at this time, let our lawyers explain how we can handle paperwork for you, to get your case underway in a timely manner.
- Follow doctors’ advice in order to know how to do your part to recover as well as you can after you have been injured.
- Get a second opinion if you have doubts or questions about what any doctor tells you.
- Beware of violating your own privacy by sharing details about an accident or injuries through social media sites such as CaringBridge, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Please talk to an attorney about your concerns and get your personal injury case off to a strong start.
Contacting A Personal Injury Lawyer For Personalized Advice On What To Do After A Car Accident
Harris Powers & Cunningham answers queries from people injured in the Phoenix, Glendale, Tempe and other Arizona communities and regions. To talk with our lawyers about steps to take after your accident, please call Harris Powers & Cunningham at 602-910-6779 or contact us online.